Being Textrovert.......

Language is dynamic and flexible. On an average 2000
new words are added every year to the Oxford English dictionary.
After much success of the words "introvert"and "extrovert", there is a somewhat similar new word in the domains of lexicography-"TEXTROVERT". Though the word has not yet been added in the Oxford or Webster Dictionary, it has caught the attention of many like me. I feel myself very close to this word. This word can act as an adjective for me,provided, if only, I am allowed to define it in the best of my proximity. Generally,the word "Textrovert" can be used to describe someone who's far more comfortable texting/writing than being in person,or talking over a phone, and I am exactly the same. Now,let me throw some more light on this type of characters to justify them lest you feel they are abnormal or absurd.Firstly, textrovert is poles apart from being introvert. It is common sense if these two meant same, what was the need of having another similar word. Actually no two words can be synonymous to each other. Every single word has a unique meaning and conveys a unique emotion. Being textrovert in itself gives a fairly good indication that one's neither shy nor outspoken and has no dearth of requisite emotions to take the conversation forward. It is just that the textroverts choose a medium of their comfort: A medium where they can be real,they can be thoughtful,they can take time for apprehension, comprehension and a little bit of pretension. Believe me,a textrovert is great at conversation, for he/she makes it sure that every word in text emanates from the core of the
heart, and conveys the exact message that is intended. Iam one of those who fall in this very category,however I am not sure with this dynamic nature of language, if very soon we may get this word replaced by a much better one,but till then it is perfect to define someone who hasn't made a phone call for last three months(no less),but makes sure to make atleast one facebook post every week.
I don't seek justifications or find rationals for being textrovert, but still if I have to, I think being so allows you to keep those people and those things that are special, never at the mercy of those that aren't. To make this point clear, I do not respond to phone calls(for me each one's a spam),but I don't let a single genuine text go unreplied. In a nutshell, if you demand a conversation from me, I am always there with a very genuine smile shining upon my face, but only if I have the right to choose the media. Can I have that please?

Comments